A Hindi word for tea, it is among the most favourite beverages in India and other Asian countries. Produced in an organic manner in the tea gardens of Assam and Darjeeling, it is a mix of traditional spices. Made with warm frothed milk, it invokes a sense of cosiness with every sip. It is also known as masala chai. We offer the amazing masala chai at Fernweh Agro in delicately blended flavours. You can buy them online from our site conveniently.
To make chai, you need to add the following ingredients:
- Tea (loose leaves or tea bag)
- Spices (cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, etc.)
Ready to sip on the most relaxing tea? Here’s how you can brew it:
- Boil some water in a teapot. The water for chai is usually a one-quarter cup. Heat it for up to 208℉, just a little below the boiling point.
- Next, let it steep for 3-5 minutes with 2-3 grams of loose tea leaves over a pyramid infuser. The more you steep it, the stronger will be its flavour.
- Next, strain the tea and add milk in it. You can add sweeteners and spices as per your choice.
Recommended intake: Not more than 3-5 cups in a day.
Calorie content: 60-80 calories, when made with skimmed milk.
Caffeine content: 25 mg of caffeine for every cup.