About Assam Region
Being produced in regions near the Brahmaputra river, Assam tea accounts for a total of 55% of tea production in India. The tropical climate of this region makes it suitable to produce a vast variety of tea. However, to experience the robust and enriching flavours of the tea, it is important to brew it methodically. We at Fernweh Agro offer the organic produce of Assam tea straight from the fields. You can buy the various flavours available online at our site.
Do want to relish the robust and authentic flavours of Assam tea? Here’s how you can brew it.
- Use filtered water and boil it to a temperature of 96-100℃.
- Before putting water in the teapot, boil it up with a little quantity of water to avoid any temperature drop while brewing the tea.
- Add approximately 1.5 teaspoons of Assam tea into the water. For a strong flavour, you can add some more of it. However, do not over brew it to avoid the bitter taste.
- Steep the tea for approximately 3-5 minutes and cover the teapot during this.
- Once brewed perfectly, strain the tea leaves. You can add additional sweeteners like sugar or honey or even add milk for the milk tea. And voila, serve yourself with the perfectly brewed cup of Assam tea.
Recommended intake: Not more than 3-6 cups in a day.
Calorie content: 20 calories in an 8-ounce cup.
Caffeine content: 80 mg in an 8-ounce cup.